Mold can be a severe problem for Minnesota businesses after an HVAC failure, plumbing leak, flood, or fire. Not only does it make a building look bad, but it can also lead to health problems and significant property damage. Don’t let it go that far—get commercial mold remediation from our team at Insight Restoration, LLC, of Plymouth, MN. Call today!
How Do You Know If You Have a Mold Problem?
The first step to dealing with a mold problem is identifying it. You’ll want to spot the signs before they get out of hand. Contact us if you notice any of the three red flags below.
1. Cold-like Symptoms
Water damage and lack of proper cleaning can lead to mold infestations. For example, mold can quickly build up in HVAC air vents and circulate contaminated air around your building. This leads to negative air quality and potential health issues for you, your employees, and your clients.
When we talk about health symptoms, we’re referring to things like:
- Eye, nose, throat, or skin irritation
- Sneezing and coughing
- Headaches and dizziness
- Asthma and difficulty breathing
- Lung diseases
Don’t wait for these symptoms to worsen, potentially risking long-term medical concerns. Our professional mold cleanup services at Insight Restoration will help you maintain a healthy work environment with high-quality, pollutant-free indoor air.
2. Damp, Musty Odors
Another common sign you might need commercial mold remediation is if you notice unpleasant odors. Mold affects indoor air quality, often resulting in damp, musty smells when running the AC or turning up the fans. Although many things can create nasty odors in your building, mold is typically the main culprit.
3. Discolored Floors, Ceilings, or Walls
Do you notice your flooring, ceiling, walls, or baseboards look a bit discolored? Different types of mold can accumulate on your building materials and turn them yellowish, pink, or even black. Depending on the scale and severity of the mold infestation, you may need to demolish and reconstruct mold-damaged materials completely.
Commercial buildings can harbor various mold species, including white and black mold. White mold is greenish or gray and grows well in areas with lots of water and good airflow. Black mold looks like grime or dirt and doesn’t come out easily.
How Can You Prevent Mold Growth?
Mold is a significant problem for many commercial buildings, leading to damaged property and unhealthy environments if unaddressed. However, you can take several practical steps to prevent mold growth. These include:
- Replacing air filters regularly to keep contaminants from circulating
- Cleaning and disinfecting the entire building regularly
- Using dehumidifiers
- Scheduling a professional routine mold inspection
How Does Commercial Mold Remediation Work?
At Insight Restoration, we have a simple but effective process to handle any commercial mold issue. We have highly trained professionals who bring years of experience and state-of-the-art equipment to every worksite. Here’s how our commercial mold remediation service works:
1. Assessment. First, we test for mold and evaluate how long a remediation project will take and how much it’ll cost.
2. Containment. Once we identify the affected area, we contain it to prevent the mold from spreading. We also clean the air during this isolation phase to help with mold removal.
3. Elimination. Eliminating the mold looks different for every job. Sometimes it requires thorough cleaning and disinfecting. However, we may need to remove flooring, baseboards, drywall, and other building materials.
4. Re-assessment. After removing the mold and any affected materials, we re-assess the mold situation. This ensures no lingering mold spores or new mold growth.
5. Reconstruction. If the mold remediation involves removing material, it will also involve replacing it. Our team can help you restore your commercial property following an in-depth mold removal project.
Expert Mold Remediation in Plymouth, MN
Does your Twin Cities area business struggle with mold issues and need help? You can get professional, comprehensive commercial mold remediation from our team of experts at Insight Restoration, LLC, in North Plymouth, MN. Call us at (763) 205-6584 to schedule a mold assessment today.